Published: Thu, April 20, 2017
U.S. | By Eddie Scott

O'Reilly Still Denies Harassment Allegations After Fox News Ouster

O'Reilly Still Denies Harassment Allegations After Fox News Ouster

It's home to movie and TV studios; a slew of sports and other cable channels; and the Fox broadcast network and shows like "The Simpsons", "Family Guy", and its latest hit, "Empire". This conversation-as-blood-sport approach goes back at least to "The McLaughlin Group" and "Crossfire", two political talk shows that spiced up substantive discussions with contentiousness, but it became a prime-time staple in the O'Reilly era. While the broadcaster was not well-liked inside the network, he was viewed as invincible. Carlson was the first to file a lawsuit in July 2016 alleging that she was sacked from her job weeks earlier - the final day of her contract - for refusing to have sex with Ailes.

Top cable news host Bill O'Reilly has denied any wrongdoing, describing harassment claims that ended his career at Fox News as "unfounded". Bill O'Reilly has lost his job at Fox News Channel following reports that five women had been paid millions of doll.

The Times published its reporting on April 1.

Fox might also have found it financially risky let O'Reilly remain.

O'Reilly said in an April 1 statement that he had been unfairly targeted because of his public prominence.

This was significant because O'Reilly and Fox had said that none of the women accusing O'Reilly of improprieties had ever contacted human resources or called the hotline.

The results of the internal probe were not shared publicly.

While O'Reilly's future at the network is likely to be determined by business calculations, sources said that his failure to establish relationships has made him more vulnerable as Murdoch and his sons debate the host's future at the network.

The involvement of Paul, Weiss was instrumental in Ailes' eventual resignation. Olbermann said that when he was working at Fox Sports in 1999, he helped a friend get a job at Fox News.

"I understand how hard this has been for many of you. I look forward to even more success in the coming years".

Charles Herring, the president of Herring Networks, which owns OANN, said he expected Fox would replace O'Reilly with a highly capable host, but he's hopeful that "viewers migrate to One America News". Tucker Carlson will take over his 8 p.m. ET time slot. The show was simply titled "The Factor".

The departed O'Reilly's "The Factor" will continue through this week with Dana Perino hosting Wednesday and Thursday night, and Greg Gutfield on Friday.

As Fox News scrambles to retain an image of "respect" and "truth", it is clear that O'Reilly's replacement in the form of Carlson will have to be much more than just a simple rescheduling of time slots and on-air content.

Since April 11, the host has been on a vacation in Italy, where he shook Pope Francis' hand on Wednesday.

An internal memo was sent to Fox News Channel employees Wednesday, according to The Associated Press.

Like this: