Published: Wed, June 28, 2017
U.S. | By Eddie Scott

Montreal Man Accused in Flint Airport Attack Denied Bond

Montreal Man Accused in Flint Airport Attack Denied Bond

He is charged with committing violence at the Flint airport by stabbing Lt. Jeff Neville in the neck last week.

Morgan said that regardless of whether Ftouhi - a Canadian and Tunisian dual citizen - was released on bond by the federal court, immigration offices meant to detain him so he would not be able to leave the country.

Amor Ftouhi, 49, is unlikely to be granted bond Wednesday because the charge is serious and he lives outside the U.S.

Ftouhi will remain in jail while his case proceeds.

Ftouhi, who was not on the radar of US or Canadian authorities before the attack, was in MI as early as June 18, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said.

Our camera's weren't allowed inside, but we can tell you Ftouhi, upon walking in the courtroom and to his seat, wore a yellow mask and said "God is Great" in Arabic twice before the proceedings began.

Dawkins Davis set the next court appearance for 1:30 p.m. on July 5, saying that it would be a pending trial unless a Grand Jury met before then and chose to indict Ftouhi. The officer is recovering from a 12-inch gash to his neck. Neville underwent surgery and has left the hospital, local media reported.

Ftouhi entered the first-floor lobby at Bishop at approximately 8:52 a.m. Wednesday, carrying a red duffle and dark satchel bag, traveling up an escalator before attacking Neville. The FBI said it was investigating the attack as a possible act of terrorism.

Like this: