Published: Sun, August 13, 2017
Health | By Jay Jacobs

Odisha swine flu toll rises to six

Odisha swine flu toll rises to six

With eight people dying of swine flu and two others due to dengue in Odisha, the state government today said all necessary steps have been taken to tackle the situation and there is no need to panic. "However, there is no need for panic as most of the swine flu cases reported in the state are brought by migrants from other areas", he said. "The Health department has been taking adequate measures to create awareness on the killer ailment".

Speaking on the dengue outbreak, Meherda informed that at least 370 persons have been tested positive while two deaths have been reported so far this year. The swine flu lab, which had become operational two years ago, is proving a boon for patients as reports are readily available in a short period of time. But general public is advised not to take vaccines without consulting doctors. But more swine flu suspected patients are found in city.

Earlier, first dengue death in the state was reported from the SCB Medical College and Hospital on August 9.

One person each died at the SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack and the Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (VIMSAR) in Burla, said a health official.

On the day, as many as 24 samples were sent for investigation of which 13 tested positive taking the total number of H1N1 affected to 84 in the State.

Like this: