Published: Tue, December 12, 2017
Sports | By Nelson Rowe

UFC Interim Champ Tony Ferguson Calls Out Conor McGregor

UFC Interim Champ Tony Ferguson Calls Out Conor McGregor

Despite the hype surrounding a potential bout between the two popular figures, Pacquiao said nothing had been confirmed. When asked if there's been communication between both camps, Pacquiao said there were initial talks but no follow-ups since.

"So, if he applied, I would see no reason why we wouldn't license him. It is okay with both of us", Pacquiao said.

Pacquiao caused a bit of stir in November, when he teased the possibility of boxing McGregor, by telling the UFC champ to stay "fit" in 2018.

McGregor made a high-profile switch to the boxing ring in August, when he was stopped in the 10th round by the returning Floyd Mayweather Jr.at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

Still, Pacquiao stressed that whether or not McGregor agrees with the negotiations, he is just one of the opponents being considered by the boxer.

The UFC has finalized a heavyweight title fight between Stipe Miocic and Francis Ngannou to headline UFC 220 on January 20 in Boston. Still, the fight was not a total loss for the UFC giant.

White addressed the rumors during the UFC Fight Night: Fresno post fight presser and the idea that McGregor could compete in a boxing ring again before stepping back into the Octagon.

"That would be weird because he's under contract with us". Then, there's also a chance that the UFC signs off on this, and co-promotes Pacquiao - McGregor, but that seems like a ridiculous long shot right now. "If that's true, I will be suing Manny Pacquiao and whoever is representing him". However, White has been known in the past to bow to McGregor's demands and hence the UFC middleweight unification fight is not guaranteed.

If a fight between the Filipino and Irishman took place, it would give Aussie world champion Jeff Horn even more ammo against the Irish superstar.

Like this: