Published: Wed, February 14, 2018
World | By Paul Elliott

Authorities Respond to NSA Shooting

Authorities Respond to NSA Shooting

The White House has been updated on situation and the NSA released a statement saying "the situation is under control and there is no ongoing security or safety threat".

One person was injured in the incident at the Maryland military installation, though it's unclear if the suspect was the person taken to the hospital.

He did confirm that one person had been injured and transported, although he did not say where the person had been transported to.

The White House announced that President Donald Trump has been briefed on the situation.

The NSA released no immediate information, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said it was sending people to the scene.

'Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone that has been affected.

CBS News broadcast images of a black sport utility vehicle parked near the entrance of the NSA with what appeared to be bullet holes in the front windshield. The investigation into the attack is now underway.

Just after 8 a.m., NBC4 reported that from its helicopter, police "could be seen surrounding a handcuffed man who was sitting on the ground".

The FBI tweeted it "is aware of the incident at Fort Meade" and is sending personnel to the scene. Traffic is backed up in the area.

In March 2015, a 27-year-old man died after the stolen SUV he was in crashed outside the NSA.

There has been a shooting outside National Security Agency headquarters in Maryland.

That incident was not believed to be linked to terrorism or a planned attack.

Local fire and police departments had said earlier on Twitter they were responding to a possible shooting incident.

Like this: