Published: Thu, February 15, 2018
Culture | By Stewart Greene

Scott Baio Sexual Harrassment Allegations

Scott Baio Sexual Harrassment Allegations

Scott Baio's legal representative and spokesperson responded to allegations of child abuse and sexual harassment from former Charles in Charge co-stars Alexander Polinsky and Nicole Eggert, made in a press conference earlier on Wednesday, during a press conference of their own.

Flanked by attorney Lisa Bloom at a Los Angeles press conference, Polinsky, now 43, said he was called a "faggot" by Baio and told about "gay sex acts" that he would "grow up to perform".

Polinsky's accusations added to those of his former co-star, Nicole Eggert, 46, who claims Baio and she were sexually intimate when she was underage.

Baio previously maintained he did nothing wrong with regards to allegations made by Eggert, insisting she was 18 when they had consensual sex. He walked in on Baio one day as he was allegedly acting "sexual in nature" toward Eggert, who was seated on the older actor's lap (h/t The Hollywood Reporter). There was also an incident when Baio dumped a cup of hot coffee in Polinsky's face. These new allegations, however, are even more shocking, with Polinsky alleging he was both sexually harassed and assaulted repeatedly by Baio, beginning when Polinsky was just 12 years old. I will use every ounce of strength and faith in God that I have to defeat the people behind this.

She and Polinsky filed a police report in Los Angeles, and authorities are investigating Baio for his reported sexual misconduct. The show ran from 1984 to 1990, when Polinsky and Eggert were minors, and Baio was in his 20s. Scott Baio was a hero to me.

Baio's lawyers said they would "welcome" any other eyewitness accounts of life on the set of Charles in Charge. She also took her allegations to police last week. Eggert has claimed she lost her virginity to Baio at 17, and that she was only 14 when the actor, then in his 20s, began molesting her. After Polinsky spoke, Eggert took to the podium. The "Roseanne" actress read a statement from Polinsky on air in which he detailed the pain and anxiety he allegedly experienced working with Baio.

You may watch the full press conference as it streamed live in the video player below.

As a sort of visual aid, Baio's team displayed a large, blown-up photograph of a smiling Baio and Polinsky arm in arm at a party seven years ago, at least a few years after Polinsky says he refused an apology from Baio.

"There is a possibility of criminal action", Bloom said.

Baio was not present because he was attending an event at his daughter's school, his representative added.

Polinsky concluded his statement and said, "For the sake of the next generation of young artists we must empower parents and social workers to heed the signals, ask the proper questions and protect children from monsters in the workplace". "For little boys, child abuse can often mean homophobic slurs". Polinsky said children in the entertainment industry need to be protected. "Today is about rejecting all of that and it's about standing up against child abuse".

Like this: